The year 2012 brings a brave new technical world to the way we pay for our highway improvements. No more throwing a dime or a quarter in a collection receptacle or mandatory toll payment stops. Tolling systems now track hundreds of thousands of daily transactions without a toll booth.
AWC invites you to spend an evening with Jennifer Charlebois and Lucinda Broussard of the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT).
Jennifer and Lucinda will explain many of the underlying tolling technologies and the project challenges of implementing a variable tolling system, including
- how optical systems are able to scan license plates while cars are moving at 60-70 miles an hour
- the technical considerations behind the Good to Go pass
- the unique challenges in data acquisition and billing on our tolled roads and bridges
Jennifer is a Project Engineer with the Washington’s Department of Transportation (WSDOT) Toll Systems Development and Engineering. She has 10 years of experience at WSDOT, where she has focused on roadway design and construction. Jennifer is currently working on the implementation of variable tolling on SR-520. She received a bachelor's degree in civil engineering from Gonzaga University.
Lucinda is WSDOT's Toll Operations Manager. She has 13 years of experience with toll systems and service, including nearly seven years with WSDOT. Lucinda played a key part in implementing tolling on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, SR 167 HOT lanes, and the SR 520 bridge. She holds a bachelor's degree in business administration and management.
Time/Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2012
6:00-7:00 pm: Registration, networking, and appetizers
7:00-8:30pm: Presentation, Q&A, and networking
501 N. 34th Street, Suite 200
Seattle, WA, 98103
(Fremont offices of Serials Solutions)
Map / Directions
- Free 2 hour street parking is available after 6 PM in front of the building (along N 34th Street) and along the water canal side only, starting from the intersection of Phinney Ave N and N Canal St., moving west bound.
- Pay parking is available in a parking garage directly across the street. Also, there is pay parking behind the building. Slightly farther away (within 5 min walk & few blocks), there is a U Park Lot on Phinney Ave N & N 35th St.