How to Find a J-O-B?
How do I figure out what I like to do? This evening will explore the answers to both these questions. Learn about some tools to help you with your job search.
How to project manage your job search and how to protect yourself:
- Define - What type of things do you like to do?
- Requirements - What do you want to do?
- Research- What's out there and how do I fit in?
- Development - 5 primary tools to use.
- Working with agencies
- Changing from FTE to consulting
- What to watch out for; pitfalls; resume snatchers, etc.
- How to protect yourself
Faith Cooley and Teena Christel
Time/DateTuesday, March 17, 2009
- 5:30pm: Registration
- 6:00pm: Networking and dinner
- 7-8:00pm: Presentation
- 8-8:30pm: Q&A and more networking
Starbucks Support Center (map)
Mezza Cafe Conference Room - Third Floor
2401 Utah Ave. S.
Seattle, WA 98134
Free parking in the lot in front of Starbucks/Sears.
About the Speakers
Faith Cooley (PMP and Six Sigma Black Belt, Consultant, Speakeasy, a Best Buy Company)
Faith has more than a decade of project management experience in the start-to-finish management of multimillion-dollar, technically complex projects in the web, financial, wireless, and healthcare arenas. She has a deep knowledge of networking, software, hardware and telephony environments and has managed strategic IT systems integrations projects and product launch projects for companies such as Microsoft, Western Wireless, AT&T Wireless, IDX Systems and Compaq/Tandem.
Teena Christel (CEO and Founder, MySource Talent.com)
Teena has over 14 years in the staffing industry and another 20 years in Marketing and HR. She is the President of MySource Talent: a boutique, referral-driven, technical staffing organization specializing in sourcing high-visibility talent and project teams with a core focus in the Healthcare, eCommerce, Telecom & Financial Industries. Teena? extensive experience and entrepreneurial spirit has led to her creation of a unique staffing company that provides significant value to high-end consultants and clients by several rigorous practices. Her knowledge and ideas have placed her on the leading edge of a change in how we find great talent.
- We enthusiastically accept reservations up to and including the day of the meeting.
- Only cash and checks are accepted at the door of the event.
- We gladly take cancellations up to the 3rd day before the meeting.
- For paid meetings, no-shows will be charged.